Anyone in the community can sign up to be a member of the Cville TimeBank – and we’d love to have you join! You can use the link on the right-hand side bar to get started. Potential members set up a profile on our member portal, and attend an orientation prior to having their timebank account authorized by coordinators. Once your account is authorized, you can begin browsing current offers and requests – and post your own! To get started, just click the “New Members Apply Here” link in the right sidebar.
When you come to an orientation, plan to spend about an hour getting acquainted with timebanking and the software we use to track our exchanges. And, if you bring a laptop or wi-fi enabled tablet, we can get you started on the spot!
- Saturday, December 3, 10:00 am at Northside Library (conference room number TBD)
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:00 pm – Mary Williams Center in the Jefferson School City Center, 233 4th Street NW – Activities Room 2* (click here for a map)
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 5:30 pm at Open Grounds, 1400 University Avenue
- Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 2:00 pm at the Senior Center, 1180 Pepsi Place
- Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:00 am and 10:30 am at the Crozet Library
*We’re excited to announce our new partnership with JABA’s Mary Williams Community Center in the Jefferson School City Center, and thank the wonderful folks at JABA for making a fabulous space (with lots of easy parking!) readily available to us for orientations on the 2nd Tuesday of every month! Here’s a map to make it super easy to find these sessions!
Effective January 2015, the Cville TimeBank no longer collects membership fees. (Good news: turns out our expenses are lower than we anticipated!) We will periodically ask members to contribute toward the operational expenses we incur.
We strongly encourage all members to participate in the social gatherings and special events that CTB sponsors throughout the year. Not only are they fun, but they give our members an opportunity to interact, share ideas, and well — talk! Most events are family friendly – and if you’re thinking about signing up, please come and check us out!
Sign up for our newsletter (there’s a link in the right hand margin) to stay connected.