Anyone in the community can sign up to be a member of the Cville TimeBank – and we’d love to have you join! Potential members set up a profile on our member portal, and attend an orientation prior to having their timebank account authorized by coordinators. Once your account is authorized, you can begin browsing current offers and requests – and post your own! To get started, just click the “New Members Apply Here” link in the right sidebar.
When you come to an orientation, plan to spend 45 minutes to an hour getting acquainted with timebanking, and the software we use to track our exchanges. And, if you bring a laptop or wi-fi enabled tablet, we can get you started on the spot!
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 10:00 am Central Library, Jefferson Room
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:00 pm Main Street Market (commons area) 418 West Main St.
- Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:30 am Mudhouse, 213 West Main Street (early birds can join before going to work!)
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:30 pm at the NEW Northside Library on Rio Road
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:00 pm Main Street Market (commons area) 418 West Main Street
Effective January 2015, the Cville TimeBank will no longer collect membership fees. (Good news: turns out our expenses are lower than we anticipated!) We will continue to ask members to contribute toward the operational expenses we incur.
We strongly encourage all members to participate in the social gatherings and special events that CTB sponsors throughout the year. Not only are they fun, but they give our members an opportunity to interact, share ideas, and discuss problems. Most events are family friendly – and if you’re thinking about signing up, please come and check us out!
Next Social event:
Sunday, March 15 – it’s PIE and PLAY at The Haven! Join the ‘Sanctuary Stewards’ from 2 – 3 pm upstairs in the Sanctuary for pew-primping, and then it’s downstairs to the dining room for pie, coffee, and games!
Sign up for our newsletter (there’s a link in the right hand margin) to stay connected.